Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 9

Today we started off class with watching VTV in Miss Scott's room. After returning to class we finished a worksheet having to do with the powers the government and states have. Then we discussed whether it was a good idea to have a national bank; if it was unconstitutional or not. I think its fine, we have them today. Granted they aren't that common, but that has a lot to do with how our economy has changed. Competiton in buisness' isn't a bad thing. If the state banks were strong enough before the other banks came, why'd they freak when the national banks showed up? They were only trying to help, they made the dollar worth more... Well I guess I have no idea how they felt because I wasn't there to experience it first hand. I'm just starting to realize that we made a lot of mistakes when we first started out, and we still are today. I guess our counrty can almost be compared to a person. They make mistakes and learn from them, and as it gets older it learns more from its mistakes than it did in the beginning.. maybe its a bit far-fetched idea, but to me it makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment